Baptisms are scheduled on the first, second, and third Sunday of each month immediately following the 11:30am Mass. Please attend the 11:30am Mass, if possible. The number of Baptisms per day are limited.
Parents must attend a Baptismal Preparation Workshop. Certificates of Eligibility are required for sponsors. You will be contacted with available Baptism dates after sponsor certificates are received.
Contact the parish office at 610-867-7424x10
Godparent information according to Canon Law:
Can. 872 - Insofar as possible one to be baptized is to be given a sponsor who is to assist an adult in Christian initiation, or, together with the parents, to present an infant at the baptism, and who will help the baptized to lead a Christian life in harmony with baptism, and to fulfill faithfully the obligations connected with it.
Can.873 - Only one male or one female sponsor or one of each sex is to be employed.
Can.874 - To be admitted to the role of sponsor, a person must:
1) be designated by the one to be baptized, by the parents or the one who takes their place, or, in their absence, by the pastor or minister and is to have the qualifications and intention of performing this role
2) have completed the sixteenth year, unless a different age has been established by the diocesan bishop or it seems to the pastor or minister that an exception is to be made for a just cause.
3) be a Catholic who has been confirmed and has already received the sacrament of the Most Holy Eucharist and leads a life in harmony with the faith and the role to be undertaken
4) not be bound by any canonical penalty legitimately imposed or declared
5) not be the father or the mother of the one to be baptized.
*A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic ecclesial community may not be admitted except as a witness to baptism and together with a Catholic sponsor.
The Catholic Church asks that you begin the preparation process for marriage at least one year prior to your wedding date. This will
allow time to look clearly at your relationship and for the Church to support you at this time of transition in your life. The Diocesan Marriage Prep program for engaged couples centers on some
of the topics essential to marriage preparation. These include:
Effective Communication, Sexuality, Natural Family Planning, Finance, Potential Problems and Spirituality.
Please contact the parish office at 610-867-7424 x 10 to set up a meeting with Monsignor Klinger to begin the marriage preparation process.
Daily - Monday-Friday
5:00 p.m. Vigil
from 4:00 - 4:45 p.m.
or by private appointment
December 2- 5:00pm
8:00am - Fr. Lannen, OSFS
10:00am - Fr. Greenfield, OSFS
11:30am - Fr. Nadolski, OSFS
Please be aware that Monsignor Klinger has been the victim of a continuing email scam. Fake emails that appear to be from Msgr. Klinger have been sent to several parishioners asking for help. Please note that Msgr. Klinger would never ask a parishoner to help by asking for gift cards and does not have a g-mail account. Thank you.
The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is dedicated to becoming a community of disciples of Jesus Christ. As disciples we make Jesus Christ a living reality in the lives of the members of our parish family. By guiding and encouraging our people to discipleship through a heightened awareness of our Lord's presence in their lives, the parish community becomes a visible and active expression of the Living Christ in our world today.